Saturday 9 December 2006

Revenge is a meal best served cold

I woke at dawn and immediately saw the gun in her hand. She was sweating so much that even her hair was wet. I thought it was just a dream, but in a second time I realised that it was real and I felt how my soul froze.

I recognized the gun because it was mine but I do not understand how she was able to have it in her hand. Particularly, because I was a policeman and the gun had been stolen by somebody in the police department.

She said that before killing me she was going to tell me all the truth because I would not open my mouth again.

So, she told me that I was the one to blame for all the pain in her life. All the broken promises and all the violence that she suffered, it was the time for me to pay.

In that moment I started to remember what she was saying, fifteen years ago when I was investigating a murder in which an Asian couple were the main objectives. One night, I found them but disappeared before I could talk to them, and when they tried to scape from the country they had had an accident.

The only person that survived was their little girl so I adopted her because I felt very guilty. But she interrupted me.

"You are a bad person and a corrupt policeman, you are going to pay for the murder of my parents, you killed them without asking anything. You deceived and felt me believe that you are a good person".

"That's why I am going to kill you". At the same time the policeman take another gun that was hidden and nobody knows what it happened.

No comments: